Thursday, July 19, 2012

Amazing Chocolate Cupcakes!


           Yesterday I made delicious chocolate cupcakes with a chocolate frosting with my mom!  The cupcakes turned out moist and delicious.  I got this recipe from Food Network and it was made by the chef Paula Deen but I changed it up a little.  It was a chocolate cupcake with a coffee cream filling and coffee frosting.  I just did chocolate cupcakes with a chocolate frosting. OK I won't keep you waiting here's the recipe!


CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES! 




INGREDIENTS:
2 1/4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil (I only had 1/2 cup vegetable oil so I just used 4 eggs)
1(8-ounce) french vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla


DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Line muffin pans with paper liners and set aside.
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.  Add the oil and eggs.  Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.  Mix in the sour cream and vanilla.
Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.  Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean for about 16 to 18 minutes.  Let them cool on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes.


Chocolate Frosting:
1 stick butter
2 cups confectioners sugar
3/4 cups cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
(Can add milk if consistency isn't creamy enough, I didn't need to add any though.)


Pipe or spread the frosting over the tops of the cupcakes, once they're cooled.  Enjoy! :)



Thanks
Alyssa :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious...and I do like chocolate. Next time we visit we should make these AND molasses cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur with Grandpa! Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete