I got this recipe, Sassy Eggs, from a book called Jackson Hole cooks. You can probably guess where I got that book!:) OK, if you're not a quiche lover you probably will not like this recipe. I'm not exactly a quiche lover, but this was fun to make and is beautiful to look at! But if you're a quiche lover, then MAKE THIS!
1 16 oz. package of frozen peaches, defrosted.
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pint (2 cups) half-and-half
10 eggs (yes it's a lot!!)
corn bread mix
fresh raspberries for garnish (optional)
(I add a sprinkle of powdered sugar for good looks :D)
1. Lightly coat a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray, then sprinkle a light covering of corn bread mix on the bottom.
2. Spread the defrosted peaches over the cornbread. Evenly sprinkle the sugar and salt over the peaches.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and half-and-half together until well blended. When blended pour the egg mixture over the peaches.
4. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes, or until it is lightly browned.
5. Garnish with fresh raspberries AND a sprinkle of powdered sugar!
Serve warm and enjoy!!